<%NUMBERING1%>.<%NUMBERING2%>.<%NUMBERING3%> PRTG Manual: Desktop Notifications
While you are logged in to the PRTG web interface with your Chrome or Firefox browser, PRTG can use it to show notifications on your desktop whenever there are new alarms in your monitoring.
Desktop notifications will be shown (by default, in the lower right corner of your desktop) whenever there are new alarms after a page refresh. The notification will display the number of new alarms and the current number of each sensor status. Click on X to close the notification.
Example of a Chrome Desktop Notification
In your browser's default configuration, you have to initially allow those notifications for each installation/profile of Firefox or Google Chrome. To do so, in the PRTG web interface, please click on Setup, then click on Desktop Notifications.
Desktop Notifications in Setup
On the settings page, you see one of the following status messages.
Status: Click button below to enable Desktop Notifications
- Click on the Enable Desktop Notifications button to add your PRTG URL to Chrome's resp. Firefox's list of allowed sites for desktop notifications.
- On top of your browser window a message will appear, asking you to allow desktop notifications.
- In Chrome, click on Allow to add the web interface's URL to the allowed sites.
- In Firefox, click on Always Show Notifications to add the web interface's URL to the allowed sites.
Click on 'Allow' to enable Chrome Desktop Notifications
Click on 'Always Show Notifications' to enbale Firefox Desktop Notifications
Status: Sorry, Desktop Notifications cannot be enabled
- Desktop Notifications are explicitly blocked for the PRTG web interface's URL in the browser options. Please see section Disabling or Re-Enabling Desktop Notifications below.
Desktop Notifications enabled
- Desktop Notifications are successfully activated. In order to disable them, please see Disabling or Re-Enabling Desktop Notifications below.
To disallow or re-allow your web interface's URL for desktop notifications, please edit your browser options:
- In Google Chrome: Choose Options from the main menu and show the advanced options. In the Privacy section, click on the button Content settings.... In the Notifications section, change settings corresponding to your needs. For example, click on Manage exceptions... and remove the URL of your PRTG web interface to disable the feature. Or remove a blocked URL to re-enable the feature again.
- In Firefox: In the PRTG web interface, hold the Shift key and right-click to open the browser's context menu. Click on View Page Info and select the Permissions tab. In section Notifications, select the desired option for the PRTG website, for example, block desktop notifications or enable them again.
Keywords: Chrome,Chrome Desktop Notifications,Google,Google Chrome Desktop Notifications,Notifications,Notifications Chrome Desktop